Audacity is easy-to-use, free audio editor and recorder for Windows, OS X, GNU/Linux, and various other operating systems. It can help you convert tapes and records into digital recordings, record the live audio, change the speed or pitch of a recording, edit various sound files (WAV, MP3, AIFF, Ogg Vorbis) and a lot more.
It is one of the most used and famous and free audio and editing software. Peeps are using this software widely across the globe. It is user-friendly; it has made recording and editing a fun process. It no longer requires extensive training as before. It also supports lots of plugins and libraries that can increase its functionality.
You can also use this software for creating and editing the podcasts, any sort of recordings can be exported into recognizable audio files including MP3 and WAV; bands can also utilize the software for making rough demos of their songs. LAMEC, a file exporting tool is required for exporting process.
You can use it on Windows, Mac OS X, GNU/Linux, and the other operating systems. It is an excellent choice for creating the interviews, narrations, scenarios and anything else involving voice, music or sound.
With this unique software, you can record new audio via the microphone. You can cut, copy, and paste parts and portions of the audio clip. It can help you remove background noise, reduce or amplify the volume. You can also record in Mp3 & create audios, as well as the editing of material.
Audacity can effortlessly deploy the speed, pitch & tempo, it can fade in & out, and also export the clip in different setups including MP3. With Audacity you can now add new tracks into the same clip, making it easy to lay in background music or sound effects, which can then be edited individually of the main track.
- Audacity Download For Windows – Windows XP, Windows 7, Windows 8, & Windows 10
- Free Download Audacity For Android, Mac, iPad, & PC [Full Version]
- Audacity 5 Audio Must-have Editing Tips
Smart and Unique Functions of Audacity Software
- Audacity can let you record live audio through a microphone or mixer, or digitize recordings from cassette tapes, records, or minidisc. With some of the sound cards, it can capture streaming audio.
- You can also record from microphone, line input, USB / Firewire devices, and others.
- The toolbar device manages many input and output devices.
- It also features Timer record and sound stimulated recording options.
- You can now dub over present tracks to form multi-track recordings.
- Now record at sample rates up to 192.000 Hz. Up to 384.000 Hz is retained for proper high-res devices, eliminating when using Windows DirectSound host.
- With this software, you can record multiple networks at once.
- Level meters can monitor volume levels before, during and after recording. The video clipping can be presented in the waveform.
- You can easily edit, import sound files, and pool them with other files or new soundtracks. Export your recordings in many different file formats, including multiple files at once.
- Import and export WAV, AIFF, AU, FLAC, and Ogg Vorbis files.
- Prompt “On-Demand” import WAV or AIFF files if read from the straight source.
- Import MPEG audio (including MP2 and MP3 files) using libmad.
- Now you can Import raw audio files using the “Import Raw” command.
- Create WAV or AIFF files Suitable for burning to audio CD.
- You can also export MP3 Files with the elective LAME encoder library
- It can let you import and export AC3, M4A/M4R (AAC) and WMA with The optional FFmpeg library